One of our favorite fall vegetables is back: The pumpkin which is soft in flavor and contains iron, carotene and vitamin C. This time in a delicious warm soup for the coming fall days.
What do you need to make a delicious pumpkin soup?
- 1 pumpkin (about 1½ kilo )
- 1 liter bouillon / stock(vegetables or chicken)
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ leek
- 1 peeled carrot
- 2 teaspoons of curry -powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- a dash of oil
- 1 dl cream
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the pits
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it in the same size as the carrot. (about 2 by 2 cm)
- Chop the onion and cut the garlic fine
- Cut the ½ leek in half rings and wash well
- Heat the pan and add a dash of oil.Bake the onions lightly in oil and add the garlic
- Shortly bake the garlic (it should not change color ) and add the curry/cumin/turmeric/cayenne to it.
- Stir and add theother ingredients except for the cream (pumpkin, leek, carrot, and stock )
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for a minimum of 30 minutes till the pumpkin is nice and soft.
- Blend the soup smooth with a blender and then add the cream
- For some extra flavor add some salt or an extra stock cube .